Piracy – The Humanitarian Response
- This event has passed.
Come listen to by someone who was held hostage for 10-months by Somali Pirates and was winner of the ‘Dr Dierk Lindemann Welfare Personality of the year 2015’ at the IMO
IKMAL, in collaboration with the Marine Department Malaysia (MarDept) & the Malaysian Maritime Education & Training Association (MyMET), will be organising 1-day seminar on:
PIRACY-THE HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE
by: Mr CHIRAG BAHRI, Regional Director, INTERNATIONAL SEAFARERS WELFARE & ASSISTANCE NETWORK (ISWAN) and MARITIME PIRACY HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE PROGRAMME (MPHRP)
It will address how to handle the emotional trauma of Seafarers affected by Piracy and their Families’ concerns and will be delivered by someone who, himself, was held captive by pirates in Somali for 8-months!
|IKMAL MEMBERS||NON MEMBERS|
|RM 50||RM 100|
- a) To introduce ISWAN and MPHRP to maritime regulators, shipowners and seafarers in Malaysia;
- b) To explain the roles and responsibilities of ISWAN and MPHRP globally;
- c) To brief on past actions taken by MPHRP in alleviating the human misery caused by piracy;
- d) To explore possibilities of cooperation between Malaysian ship owners, Seafarers’ Organisations and Maritime Regulators in overcoming the humanitarian aspects of piracy;
- e) To plan future training of Welfare Responders in counselling of seafarers affected by piracy and their families.
- i) Organisational set up of ISWAN and the MPHRP;
- ii) Roles and Responsibilities;
- iii) Funding mechanism;
- iv) Success stories;
- v) Future cooperation/collaboration;
- vi) Additional Training Courses.
Who should attend:
- Maritime Regulators;
- Ship Owners;
- Maritime Training Providers;
- Seafarers’ Organisations;
- Marine Insurance Companies;
- Others associated with the maritime industry.
Seminar Package File – brochure, registration form & event program
Any queries pertaining to this request can be directed to:
Capt. Abdul Aziz Abdullah,
Secretary General, IKMAL
HP : 012-3294465
Office Phone : 03-55241588
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org